A condition where the major blood vessels supplying the heart are narrowed. The reduced blood flow can cause chest pain and shortness of breath.
If you’re experiencing new, severe, or persistent symptoms, contact a health care provider.
Symptoms of CAD are not noted until the artery is significantly damaged. Severe artery damage decreases blood flow to the heart, which presents as
- Angina or chest pain that spreads across the chest
- Shortness of breath
- Heart attack is experienced if the coronary artery is completely blocked
Other associated symptoms include:
- Faster heartbeat
- Weakness or dizziness
→ Common treatment options
→ How is this diagnosed?
- Cholesterol deposition (atherosclerosis) or inflammation in damaged inner walls of the arteries is the main cause.
– The risk factors for inner wall damage include:
- High blood pressure
- High blood cholesterol levels
- Tobacco use or smoking
- Family history of heart diseases
- Sedentary lifestyle
- Age The older age increases the risk of narrowing arteries
- Gender: Men are at higher risk
- Increased stress
→ Do you have a health question on your mind for coronary artery disease? Ask professionals from across the world
→ Interested to know more? Check out the full article here
2023 Toyota Corolla Hybrid Review: They’re Popular For A Reason
Porsche Releases Two Fancy Electric Mountain Bikes At Eye-Watering Prices
Relax & recharge in Pontresina