A rare inflammatory disease of the blood vessels. The symptoms could be unrelated and may include sore mouth, rashes on skin, and genital sores.
If you or someone you know is exhibiting symptoms of a Behcet’s syndrome, seek medical attention immediately
The symptoms include:
- Mouth and genital sores
- Rashes and inflamed eyes
- Pain in the eyes or joints
- Rashes on the skin and the appearance of acne
- Red and tender lumps on the skin
- Visual problems such as sensitivity to light, blurred vision
- Eye redness
→ Common treatment options
→ How is this diagnosed?
The cause of Behcet’s syndrome is not known, but it is thought to be an autoimmune disorder where the body immune system attacks its own normal cells. The other causes could be:
- Genetic and environmental factors may play a role
- Some researches claim than Behcet’s syndrome can be triggered by a virus or bacterium in people with genes that may cause a predisposition to Behcet’s syndrome
Risk factors that can lead to development of Behcet’s syndrome include:
- Age Commonly, people in their 20s or 30s are affected.
- Geographic locationmore common in countries in the Middle East and Far East such as Iran, UAE, Japan, China.
- Sexmales and females are affected equally, but more severe in males.
- Genescertain genes increase risk of developing this condition.
→ Questions to ask your doctor
→ Interested to know more? Check out the full article here
|What are people curious about?|
|Eczema||Treatment for severe asthma|